Scott Delgadillo Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2013 Scotty D Scholarship Winners Kimberly
Elenes and Nicole Wink!
The Friends of Scott Foundation (Friends to Children With Cancer) offers a scholarship
each year to cancer patients currently on treatment or to survivors. Education was
important to Scott. It was his dream to attend the University of Notre Dame. In
his memory FSF offers a scholarship program for individuals who have been diagnosed
with childhood cancer. We realize the importance of continuing education and know
that pursuing this goal is difficult when given a life-threatening diagnosis.
Our scholarship program is designed to provide funding to survivors who want to
continue their education through technical school, vocational school, junior college,
or a four-year college or university. For more information on how to apply for the
FSF scholarship, please send an e-mail to
2014 Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
The Friends of Scott Foundation Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship will be awarded
to a cancer patient or cancer survivor based on financial need and personal hardship.
The recipient will be selected by the Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Committee.
Applicant must be –
- A high school senior
- Accepted for enrollment at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university
- Currently diagnosed with cancer, or currently receiving cancer treatment, or a cancer
All documents must be submitted together! Incomplete applications will not be
- Copy of an acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending
acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- A signed statement from applicant's attending physician verifying applicant's medical
history. (Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed
for application consideration.)
- A 500 word essay describing "How has my experience with cancer impacted my life?"
- Completed Friends of Scott Foundation scholarship application, including signature
- Signed release form stating that applicant’s photo and success story can appear
on the Friends of Scott website
Selection Process and Awards
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship
Committee. All selections made by the committee are final.
- The Friends of Scott Foundation is not responsible for applications that are lost,
misplaced, or delayed through the mail.
- The application is confidential and becomes the property of the Friends of Scott
- Complete, sign and date application
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from attending physician
- 500 word essay
- Application packet must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2014.
Only include items requested. Do not staple your documents. Please mail your application
- Friends of Scott Foundation
Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Fund
6977 Navajo Rd. #168
San Diego, CA 92119
How can the award be used?
Scholarship funds may be used for education related expenses, including tuition,
books, school supplies, room and board, or transportation.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
Scholarships will be awarded August 1, 2014