Scott Delgadillo Scholarship
2021 Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
The Friends of Scott Foundation Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship will be awarded to a cancer patient or cancer survivor based on financial need and personal hardship. The Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Committee will select the recipient. Education was important to Scott. It was his dream to one day attend the University of Notre Dame. In his memory, FOS offers assistance to individuals who have been diagnosed with childhood cancer and who chose to continue their education. We realize the impact that cancer can have in the pursuit of higher education and it
is our goal to facilitate this process by providing assistance to get them started on their educational endeavors.
- California Residents Only.
- Applicant must be a cancer survivor or currently receiving treatment.
- Scholarships Applicants must be a High School Seniors for the current year 2021
- Applicant must submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A signed statement from applicant’s attending physician, verifying applicant’s medical history. (Medical information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed for application consideration.)
- The applicant must submit a 500-word essay describing, “How has my experience with cancer impacted my life?”
- The applicant must complete the scholarship application including a signature. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a release form stating their photos and success stories can appear on the Friends of Scott website.
Selection Process and Awards
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Committee. All selections made by the committee are final.
- The Friends of Scott Foundation is not responsible for applications that are lost, misplaced, or delayed through the mail.
- The application is confidential and becomes the property of the Friends of Scott Foundation.
- Complete, sign and date application
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from attending physician
- 500-word essay
- Photo to be used in Friends of Scott Publications if you are chosen as the 2021 recipient.
Application packet must be postmarked no later than September 1, 2021. Only include items requested. Do not staple your documents.
Please mail your application to:
Friends of Scott Foundation
Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Fund
6977 Navajo Rd #168
San Diego, CA 92119
How can the award be used?
Scholarship funds may be used for education related expenses, including tuition, books, school supplies, room and board, or transportation.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
Scholarships Winners will be notified by the end of 2021.
Print Application for Submission
2020 Scott Delgadillo Scholarship Application