Scott Delgadillo Scholarship
Congratulations to the 2017 Scotty D Scholarship Winners Jacqueline Cisneros and Kassandra Longoria
The Friends of Scott Foundation (Friends to Children With Cancer) offers a scholarship each year to cancer
patients currently on treatment or to survivors. Education was important to Scott. It was his dream to attend the
University of Notre Dame. In his memory FOS offers a scholarship program for individuals who have been
diagnosed with childhood cancer. We realize the importance of continuing education and know that pursuing this
goal is difficult when given a life-threatening diagnosis.
Our scholarship program is designed to provide funding to survivors who want to continue their education
through technical school, vocational school, junior college, or a four-year college or university. For more
information on how to apply for the FOS scholarship, please send an e-mail to Barbara Bailey.
2018 Friends of Scott Scholarship Program
The Friends of Scott Foundation Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship will be awarded to a cancer patient or
cancer survivor based on financial need and personal hardship. The Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship
Committee will select the recipient.
Applicants must be:
- California Residents Only
- Applicant must be a cancer survivor or currently receiving treatment.
- Applicant must be enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in an accredited undergraduate or graduate
- Applicant must submit a copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university of choice. (Pending
acceptance of enrollment is allowed. Please update information when received.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A signed statement from applicant’s attending physician, verifying applicant’s medical history. (Medical
information will be kept confidential and will only be reviewed for application consideration.)
- The applicant must submit a 500 word essay describing, "How has my experience with cancer impacted
- The applicant must complete the scholarship application including a signature. Incomplete applications
will not be considered.
- Scholarship recipients must submit a release form stating their photos and success stories can appear on
the Friends of Scott website.
Selection Process and Awards
Applications are reviewed and evaluated by the Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Committee. All selections
made by the committee are final.
- The Friends of Scott Foundation is not responsible for applications that are lost, misplaced, or delayed
through the mail.
- The application is confidential and becomes the property of the Friends of Scott Foundation.
- Complete, sign and date application
- Proof of enrollment
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter from attending physician
- 500 word essay
- Photo to be used in Friends of Scott Publications if you are chosen as the 2018 recipient.
Application packet must be postmarked no later than August 31, 2018. Only include items requested. Do not staple your documents.
Please mail your application to:
Friends of Scott Foundation
Scott Delgadillo College Scholarship Fund
6977 Navajo Rd #168
San Diego, CA 92119
How can the award be used?
Scholarship funds may be used for education related expenses, including tuition, books, school supplies, room and board, or transportation.
When will the scholarship be awarded?
Scholarships will be awarded December 2018.
Print Application for Submission
2017 Scott Delgadillo Scholarship Application